DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create bills of lading
- Perform simple calculation to determine shipments’ weight and size
- Run reports and distribute
- Book available freight in a cost-effective manner
- Bill customers based on services performed.
- Schedule pick-up and delivery appointment times
- Maintain reliable communications with customers regarding changes in pick-up and delivery schedules and potential service failures
- Maintain confidentiality of company information
- Resolve freight discrepancies in a timely manner
- Maintain positive and productive relationship with customers
- Maintain and update accurate information in company’s operating systems
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma
- Two to four years related experience or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate subordinates
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Basic competence in duties and tasks of supervised employees
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT: I have read and acknowledge receipt of this job description and agree to perform the responsibilities as described above. I understand this job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by persons assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees who hold this position.