Compiles information needed for billing purposes. The Billing Clerk position is accountable for creating invoices and issuing them to customers and updating customer files.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for customized billing
- Ensures invoicing input is timely and accurate
- Prepares, issues, and processes invoices
- Process credit memos
- Maintain and update customers’ database
- Submit invoices by electronic data interchange
- Enter invoices into customer invoicing web sites
- Sorts and files correspondence
- Receives and processes payments, applies payment to accounts
- Miscellaneous – Copying, scanning, filing & data entry
- Coordinates customer requests for invoice copies, with accounting support staff, as requested
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One to two years related experience or equivalent.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to perform diversified clerical functions and basic accounting procedures
- Communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Occasionally required to stand
- Occasionally required to walk
- Continually required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information and/or use a keyboard.
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items up to 25 pounds
ACKNOWLEDGMENT: I have read and acknowledge receipt of this job description and agree to perform the responsibilities as described above. I understand this job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by persons assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees who hold this position.