Majestic is seeking a full time Carrier Sales Representative for our ongoing operations. Industry experience is preferred, but we are willing to train the right individual with the right attitude for this role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a Carrier Sales Representative, your key responsibilities are to establish and grow relationships with carrier partners while providing best-in-class service.
- Focus on building new relationships with carrier partners across the country.
- Sharpen your negotiation and customer service skills alongside your supervisor
- Build internal relationships with our customer sales team members and work together to find the best solution for their clients.
- Responsible for sourcing transportation providers and providing tracking updates as needed to support customer requests.
- Develop a carrier coverage sales strategy and have full autonomy for supporting a customer’s truckload & LTL coverage needs.
- Build a network of service providers that allows them the ability to foster an effective carrier network to support any and all freight transportation needs that a customer desires.
- Tender accept/reject loads, creates loads, sets appointments, dispatches, tracks and traces loads, root cause problem solves issues, and resolves/communicates to carrier and/or customer as appropriate.
- Identifies and Develops relationships with transportation providers and carriers to ensure adequate coverage to maximize penetration of customer freight portfolio through soliciting capacity.
- Schedules and dispatches while ensuring compliance of Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Responsible for timely updating of load statuses to the TMS.
- Maintain a positive employee related climate and maintain a customer satisfaction index at a world class level while having availability 24/7/365 for responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma.
- Two to four years related experience or equivalent.
- Proficient on email, MS Office Products, Dispatch Software
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Basic competence in duties and tasks of supervised employees.
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Continually required to sit or stand at a desk
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk or hear
ACKNOWLEDGMENT: I have read and acknowledge receipt of this job description and agree to perform the responsibilities as described above. I understand this job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by persons assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees who hold this position.